Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Stitches

Once again, we find ourselves with Christmas Day nearly upon us. This short post conveys my wishes for a very blessed Christmas to you and yours. 
For this post, I thought I would share a some of my cross stitch projects from the past few years. All of these projects have come from my favorite stitching shop, Shepherd's Bush in Ogden. As previous posts have indicated, I am rather fond of sheep, so I am always eager to pick up a new project that features sheep. 
This year, I elected to display these ornaments from the garland that hangs from our bannister in December. Who knows how many others will be added during the years to come. As you can see from the picture below, I have plenty of room for adding more.
This picture features words from the English carol, "I Saw Three Ships," and features a shepherd and his sheep watching a ship come in. 

This next one features a spindly sort of tree with multiple shapes and decorations, including a sheep, of course. Each of these small pillow ornaments also features a button from Just Another Button Company. You can take a look at others of their handmade buttons at their website
 This final ornament has a series of stockings in a row with a row of sheep beneath them.
 Here is a quick peek at our Christmas tree. As you can see, our two cats are ready for Christmas. They like to hide away under the tree. The Siamese, in particular, loves baskets. Since he has taken over the basket, I haven't had the heart to fill it up with our Christmas story books as I usually do during December.
As we make our final Christmas preparations, I again wish you a very blessed Christmas and thank you for your readership over the past year. I will conclude this post with the words that were spoken over 2000 years ago to a group of shepherds who were keeping watch over sheep of their own. These words heralded the arrival of our own Great Shepherd.
Fear not: for, behold, I bring  you tidings of great joy, which shall be unto all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:10-11    

No comments:

Post a Comment