Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gobble Gobble


Please rest assured that the title of this posting does not imply that I hold to the "gobble 'til you wobble" mentality with regards to Thanksgiving. "Gobble, Gobble," happens to be the name of the fabric line used in this quilt. Since Thanksgiving is upon us, I thought this would be an appropriate blog subject.

I truly love the Thanksgiving season and the solace of this time of year. For our family, this is a season of settling in and reflecting on the blessings of the past year. We've always been ones to stay close to home during the Thanksgiving weekend. We're also ones who like to stay as far away as possible from the malls and stores on Black Friday. Because my children have typically had the Wednesday before Thanksgiving as a day off from school, I also take the day off work to spend time with them and begin my cooking. I do enjoy spending Wednesday and Friday cooking and preparing my family's favorite Thanksgiving dishes.

Three years ago, we had very recently moved into our new home. I had completed this quilt to serve as a memento of our first Thanksgiving in our home. Here are a couple of close up photos featuring the the completed quilt, printed center panel,  and some of the machine quilting featuring a pumpkin motif. 














From our home to yours, we wish you the very best blessings of the Thanksgiving season. We pray that this will be a season of reflecting on the blessings of the past year and sharing memories with family and loved ones.

I will close this entry with words from Psalm 100 as a call to thanksgiving and acknowledgement of God's goodness and mercy.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless His name. For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting: and His truth endureth to all generations.
Psalm 100:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment